Ultra Lightweight Travel Pochade Box No. 2.5
Out of stock
New drawer on this box: More mixing space with plexiglass palette in the drawer/ a place to keep your brushes.
- Made from a 5.75 x 6.25 x 2.75 inch wooden cigar box.
- A limited edition box to be used with gouache, acrylic or oil.
- FREE U.S. SHIPPING
- Weighs a little over 1 pound
- Adjustable friction hinges to keep lid open at the desired angle.
- (NEW) 2 sliding brass arms holds your painting.
- Attaches to any tripod with universal mount (1/4-20)
- Can sit flat on a table
- Holds a small board or canvas any size up to a recommended 8×10 inches.
- Thick leather handle
- Finger joint corners (very strong)
- Finished off with brass hardware.
- I built this box for the traveling painter. I have struggled to find a painting box that isn’t bulky with unnecessary moving parts, while at the same time being a reasonable price. This little box solves these issues. It is lightweight but rigid. It is perfect for throwing in your suitcase or backpack before going on a hike or trip. I wanted it to stand on its own as a piece of art, but also be highly functional and simple. This is the set-up you bring with you when just can’t seem to take your big heavy easel or bulky pochade box. I believe this will help stop painters from coming up with excuses why they can’t paint in a certain location or time of day.
- Q: How do I tighten/loosen the tension of the hinges? A: With a phillips head screwdriver tighten or loosen the black screw on the bottom half of the hinge. Do not touch the brass screws.Q: How do I adjust the friction on the panel holders? A: With a pair of pliers bend the end of the brass strip so it slides in and out of the wooden piece to your liking. You may need to try a few times before it is at the level of friction that works for you.
- Q: What kind of tripod do you recommend? A: https://www.amazon.com/MeFOTO-Classic-Aluminum-Backpacker-Travel/dp/B00BETIVUM/ref=asc_df_B00BETIVUM/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=241980329968&hvpos=1o4&hvnetw=g&hvrand=17449729291707724500&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9005117&hvtargid=pla-439269822422&psc=1
- Q: Can you ship internationally? A: Yes. send me a message and I will take payment outside of my site through Paypal. It will be an extra $25 for basic shipping or an extra $50 for tracking and insured shipping. It’s your choice. You know how the postal system works in your country better than I do.
Large box $140, Small box $130